Top 10 Actors of Inglorious Basterds Instagram Pages
If you have seen the Quentin Tarantino remake of the Italian movie, Inglorious Bastards, you probably can’t get enough of the main characters of the cast. It’s situations like this that make social media, especially Instagram, so valuable, giving you not only the full story but the personal photographs of the actors. The actors of the 2009 version were selected not only for their abilities to play the parts needed but to add to the story that was originally told in the original 1978 film.
Both films told the fictional stories of two plots to assassinate leaders of Nazi Germany. One plot was planned by Shosanna Dreyfus, played by Mélanie Laurent, who is a young French Jewish cinema proprietor, while the other was a group of Jewish-American soldiers led by First Lieutenant Aldo Raine, played by Brad Pitt. Christoph Waltz stars as Hans Landa, an SS colonel who is tracking down Raine’s group and who has a connection to Shosanna’s past.
The film was a commercial success and earned the actors as well as the film great praise as well as its share of awards, which are both frequently commented upon on the Instagram pages of the actors who have them.
This is a selection of 10 of the top actors from that film.
- Brad Pitt. What more could be said about Brad Pitt that hasn’t be said in so many other ways and forms? That’s probably the reason we have so little to treat ourselves to in his Instagram page besides 10 pictures. He does have 13.5K followers, so there is obviously a lot of people who believe that 10 more pictures of the man can’t be enough.
- Melanie Laurent. Melanie Laurent was born in Paris, France, which accounts for the French nature of her Instagram page but, sadly, doesn’t explain any of the photographs she includes for everyone to see. She does have a few modeling pictures, but the others show what is obviously a great love for mobile phones. Fortunately, 1,186 followers can’t seem to get enough of her or her phones.
- Christoph Waltz.
- Eli Roth. For anyone who enjoys the sick, maniacal characters Eli Roth so often plays in films such as Inglourious Basterds, his Instagram page is sure to raise some eyebrows. Eli doesn’t include many pictures of himself on his page but is there is, well, inglorious. There’s one shot of Mike Tyson biting on his ear, one of him in some kind of torture device, and finally one of him at his bloodiest best, all of which are in need of more likes. Hey, if you want maniacs, you got them. 4,630 followers can’t be wrong, or maybe they’re just like him. https://www.instagram.com/eli_roth/
- Michael Fassbender. German-born Fassbender plays British soldier Lt. Archie Hickox who goes undercover to pick up secrets from the Nazis. His Instagram page, however, doesn’t hint much at this interesting role, highlighting instead his work in other movies. He has 4,621 followers, so there’s obviously a market.
- Diane Kruger. Kruger plays Bridget von Hammersmark in the movie, which only goes along well with her Instagram page, where she describes herself as loving life, adventures and peculiar people, which she seems to be intimately familiar with. She has 550K followers to all of her adventures with 5,000 to 6,000 Likes per post.
- Daniel Bruhl. Daniel Bruhl has the distinction of being a sniper in Inglourious Basterds who is killed by a dame, but by looking at his Instagram page, you would have to assume that he has plenty of roles already lined up for the future since publicity photos are what makes up a majority of the space on his page. But how can we argue? He has more than 3,110 followers.
- Til Schweiger. Til Schweiger is one of Germany’s best-known actors and directors. That good reputation will serve him well after audiences see him perform in Inglourious Basterds as Sgt. Hugo Stiglitz, a basterd known for his sadistic manner of killing Nazis. His Instagram followers total 191, but he is doing fine.
- Gedeon Burkhard.
- Jacky Ido. Ido is a native of Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. He plays a projectionist and lover to Shosanna Dreyfus. He will do anything for her, including killing, if it will mean she becomes his. More than 2,597 followers enjoy the many facets of Ifo’s life from his Instagram page, which include much more than just acting.
Instagram probably isn’t the biggest avenue to promoting an actor’s career, but for promoting himself, it has a lot of promise as these actors can no doubt attest. Ask any of them.